- Brush properly – Brushing is done so regularly it can almost go on auto-pilot. Be sure you are taking time to reach every part of your teeth and gums, using circular motions to remove plaque.
- Don’t forget your tongue – Neglecting your tongue during brushing can lead to other oral health problems and also bad breath.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste – While there are many toothpastes available touting whitening and great taste, ensure your choice also contains fluoride which is critical to keep teeth healthy and strong
- Brush your teeth before bed – Sometimes the stress of a long day can cause us to shorten our bedtime routine. This time of day is important to get rid of germs and plaque before going to sleep.
- Mouthwash helps – Mouthwash allows you to clean areas hard to reach during flossing and brushing. Ask our office if you need a recommendation for what kind to use.
- Flossing is as important as brushing – once daily flossing is just as important as brushing your teeth to overall dental health.
- Drink more water – Drinking plenty of water is important to overall health, but also helps rinse away sugary or acidy food in between brushing.
- Replace sugary and acidic foods with crunchy fruits and vegetables – Another key to overall health has great benefits to your teeth.
Getting into a healthy routine with your oral health will result in an overall healthy lifestyle! Have more questions on best practices for your teeth? Our team would be happy to help! Schedule your appointment today! —> https://www.loscochesdentistry.com/appointment-form/